Seasonal Flu Vaccine
CDC recommends everyone 6 months and older receive a yearly flu vaccine as the first and most important step in protecting against the flu.
Every year influenza, or “flu,” affects employers and businesses. Flu costs the U.S.
approximately $10.4 billion* in direct costs for hospitalizations and outpatient visits
• While there are many different flu viruses, the flu vaccine protects against the viruses that research suggests will circulate the most this season.
• There are several flu vaccine options available :
• Traditional flu vaccines made to protect against three different flu viruses (called “trivalent” vaccines) will be available ;
• Flu vaccines made to protect against four different flu viruses (called “quadrivalent” vaccines) also will be available.
• For a complete list of all flu vaccine options, visit: http://www.cdc.gov/flu/protect/keyfacts.htm